I’m late to the game, but I’ll play this one. EveTushnet asks me to name Ten Things I’ve Done that You Probably Haven’t. I’m just a young man, so it’s hard for me to compete with Terry at About Last Night:
- Stood outside and watched a tornado pass overhead.
- Accidently ran with the bulls in Spain.
- Tracked down the former Vice-President of Peru from his exile in Chile.
- Went on a couple of dates with a woman introduced to me by Mo Tucker, drummer for the Velvet Underground.
- During my lunch break as a temp, executed a half million dollars in stock trades on my cell phone.
- Drank a few rounds of Cognac with Ana María Matute, writer and member of the Spanish Royal Academy.
- Got paid on a regular basis to eat at restaurants.
- Edited the words of William Gaddis and Evan Boland.
- Spent an afternoon showing Valery Ponomarev, trumpeter for Art Blakey and inspiration for the film Moscow on the Hudson, around Salamanca, Spain.
- Was a poorly paid functionary of the French state with great benefits.